Friday, September 14, 2012

Mom's 71st Birthday

Months ago I reserved an awesome spot in Arches for my moms birthday for my entire family. Unfortunately  everyone had made other plans by the time the day came and I didnt remind them in time. I had a number 7 and one candle to represent my moms 71st birthday (although she preferred it be flipped to 17) we made an upside down pineapple cake, my first ever. It turned out so well that I know this will be one of my favorites for many years to come. 
After several takes, my friend Rachel was able to get one with most of us smiling.
The next day Shanon, Colton, Bailey, Gay, Nathalia, and Quin, went to the Devils Garden and checked out Landscape Arch. Who doesnt like a little bum shot? Bailey is getting a free ride on her daddy's shoulder....lucky girl. 
Almost there. 
There is a picture somewhere in my many many photo albums that shows a baby Colton age 2 months asleep in a backpack being carried by yours truly at Landscape Arch. Who would have thought that 15 years later he would be carrying me on his back in the same spot. It was so much fun attempting to get on his back to take this shot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment