Sunday, July 4, 2010

Wow what a year

There is a big oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, we have three family reunions within a months time, buying a new vehicle (new to us - it's a 2000), Chickens are getting big, Dogs are growing up, Bailey is going to be crawling any day now. Just this week she learned how to move from her belly to a sitting up position. The boys are amazed by how much she is changing and how fast. She blows my mind every day. My boys are great. Colton has a funny sense of humor. It seems to me like he is finally stepping into his body. As his eyes reach my eye level - he seems like his spirit is finally saying 'Hi mom' I love it. Alex, he is a little turkey. He even sqwaks like one. He tells me probably fifteen times a day that he loves me and he gives me kisses. He is such a sugar. It's challenging too though. I raise my voice more often than I would like. Our neighbor, Mark, put up a beautiful corrugated metal, and redwood fence between our yards. It makes it much more private and it feels like I can focus on what I want to do better.

I remember that I must focus on the good things, and remember that those times that are lesser than great are passing. If I move three steps away from them, they are gone.

Shanon is wonderful. Through all the challenges we go through, we continue to grow closer and closer every day. I love him so much for being my husband. I don't know if I show him how much I cherish him. I need to show him more. Cuddle with him, rub his feet, make him wonderful dinners, tell him every day how special and wonderful he is. I am so glad to have him to share my life

I have been wanting to run, and have slowed down my gluten intake. Not quite stopped. I haven't made it an entire day without eating something with Gluten in it. I haven't yet today - it's 9:04 a.m. It's as hard if not harder than quitting smoking.

My writing skills must improve. I am a writer. Lately I've been lazy about it and not taking the time to really think and sound it out. I use to write at least three times a week when Colton was small. He will be thirteen this year, I can't believe it.

It's Independence Day today. Shanon took the boys up to the La Sal Mountains yesterday for a backpacking trip. They will be gone until tonight. I think I'll take Bailey to the park for the festivities. Pretty sure the Parade is at 10 am I'll have to check. There will be music and I saw some camels set up to ride. Maybe we will get out picture taken on a camel. Who knows.

Happy Firework day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment