Friday, August 15, 2014

No loan :( = Savings of $100,000 over the course of the next 30 years :)

Alright, so the appraiser gave us a value of $218,000 if the house was done, but wouldn't give us an "as-is" appraisal because we need to finish the stucco, base boards, soffit, electrical, drywall, and kitchen cabinet doors....which is why we needed the loan in the first place.

This means, we have to keep doing what we are doing as we can do it.

Here we are painting the east wall.


They were GREAT little helpers....seriously kept me motivated - painting like this is my least favorite thing to do on the planet. I would rather take pictures of them painting than to do the task myself.


And, the current condition of the outside of the house.
Unfinished Garage....

 Front Door...

West wall - started to chip the paint off to repaint.

Looking towards the east to the front door.

Another front door shot.


I did cry for two days straight after I found out we were not getting the house refinanced, but I got over myself and bought tar paper to wrap the house this weekend. These are the next steps that need to happen. One step at a time.
1. Wrap the house in a water vapor barrier (2-ply tar paper)
2. Staple 1" foam onto the tar paper 
(This can apparently stay like this until spring)
3. Wrap the foam with 17 gauge mesh for the cement to stick
4. Brown coat
5. Color coat
6. Drink a dark beer.

Alright so a couple things that came out of this situation that are good were - Shanon completed the following tasks.
1. Finished the garage metal roof.
2. Finished framing out the windows we installed 3 years ago
3. Finished the WINDOW BOX that we started 2 years ago I might be holding the tool here, but he did it.
ALSO~~~ and this is a big one~ we will have an overall savings of approximately $98,000 dollars over the course of the potential, would be, loan that we just asked for. So I might have to buy a yacht with that money and travel around the world instead. BWAHAHAHAHAHA.


Like I said before, I might be a bitch but I know how to get some shit done. Plus, I love my husband and he knows it. So glad I found a handy man on this planet. 

Let's get er' done!! (Maybe by the time our kids are grown???MayBE!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment