Sunday, August 24, 2014

Soffit

Got up Saturday morning and it was dumping rain. I thought for sure that it would delay or stop us from making any progress but it actually really helped that it wasn't 110 degrees out in the afternoon like it was last weekend.

We got finished at 5:30 pm. Here is the finished product.
 Isn't it pretty?

This was probably the first time ever that we got up and moving on a project without too much restriction or arguing. I think that we are both super excited to get that siding on - we cannot wait - our house is going to be The Most BEAUTIFUL house.

See that red metal that wraps around the cedar under the eaves? We had to climb up on the roof at the end of the day and screw that back on. It was lightly raining at that point and the metal was wet, I was scared that I was going to slip right off the roof. I was freaked!

When I looked up, the Moab sky was overcast and dark with a little sun peaking through the storm clouds. All I could think was how Gorgeous our world is, and what a gift!

Sorry, no pictures of Shanon nailing or me cutting but that's okay...I did get these photos!
 Is he even serious right now? I went to the store with him like this. Crazy enough, neither one of us realized he was wearing this shirt until we got home. That's sad, really. I'm just used to it I suppose. 

Here is my reaction to the realization that this is my life. 
Captured so well. 

1 comment:

  1. This is exciting progress on your house. I hope it's going well! Shanon's shirt is awesome! My brother-in-law needs one of those to add to his collection of funny t-shirts.

    ReplyDelete